Sunday, March 25, 2012

Data transfer Pocket PC <> Desktop PC?

Hi,everyone!

I'm new to this forum and also new to Visual Studio 2005 .NET.

I'm going to develop a pocket pc(windows mobile 2005) application which needs to save some data introduced by the user.Later that data should be syncronized with MS SQL Server database.

The application is going to be developed using Visual Studio 2005 with c#.

So I'm doubting wich is the best way of syncronising the data between Pocket Pc and a Desktop PC.Should i use MS SQL Server Mobile(RDA,Merge Replication) or XML(Xml Web Services) would help me better?Or is there any other better way of data syncronization/storage?

Could anyone help me,or post some links + code samples,please?

Thanks!

You'll need to provide more information ... how much data? What sort of data? Will it need to be wrapped in a transaction and/or have other potential for rollback? How critical is it/how reliable does the synchronization need to be? Have you looked into the Service Broker? (I'm exploring this for a project myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment