Sunday, March 25, 2012

@!#$%^&*( SSL/TLS

OK, I have a fresh installation. I installed SSL prior to SQL Server 2005 and let the installer create the default configuration. SSL is working, cert auth is in place. Started up Report Manager and it is working. Tried out Report Builder and it is working just fine. I go to run some reports, I get the parameters (some are dynamic) working fine. When I go to render the report I get the almighty dreaded

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Report Server Virtual directory is set to 3 - All Soap APIs.

Just to recap, Report Manager, OK. Report Builder, OK, Params OK, Report Data, NOT OK.

R

Just found out, it isn't asking for credentials. Looks like it is trying to use ASPNET. Now I am lost.

Hi Ron. I'm having the exact same issue as you, and I'm also completely lost. I even can see the reports from ReportServer (https://myserver:mysslport/ReportServer), but not from Report Manager. Have you find any clue on this?

Thanks,

Julio

|||I was also having this problem and found a solution here:
http://ezra.auerbach.co.il/?postid=7

You need to add the root certifacate of the one being used by the sharepoint and reporting services IIS sites to the computer's Trusted Root Authorities.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment