Thursday, March 22, 2012

SQL Server Express SP2 Installation Dies ?

Hello all,

I'm trying to install "SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2".

I downloaded "SQLEXPR32.EXE" (38,220,656 bytes) from the Microsoft site.

At the beginning of the setup the installation program scans my system -- no problems or warnings. Everything looks fine.

During installation I uncheck, "Hide advanced configuration options" simply because I want to change the default instance name. I make no other changes to the default installation.

The installation starts up but when it tries to install the "SQL Native Client" I get the following error dialog message:

"An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli.msi'."

That's an odd message to receive since I am *not* even trying to install the SQL Native Client.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this to happen. I've install SSE many times in the past with no problems.

Thanks

See reply on your other post.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment